- Home Page: www.coonsden.com
- Latest Version: 0.3.3 - August 03, 2012
- Download: sourceforge.
- Maintainer: Johan Spee
- Description: GUIMUP is a client for the music player daemon (MPD) written in C++ and Gtkmm. The program is covered by the General Public License.
- Gtk3 application (but does not depend on Gnome).
- The focus is on mouse handling: playlist management is done entirely by drag & drop.
- Playback functions are directly accessible from the system tray.
- Supports album art (stored locally).
- Supports audio streams (http).
- Songs can be listed in several modes: artists, albums, timestamp, year, genre, folders and playlists.
- The library can be searched by title, album, artist or genre.
- Folders and files can be opened in external programs (such as a tag-editor or file-manager).
- Files can be played directly from a file-manager (drag & drop or command-line parameters).
Download it from sourceforge.
Changelog version: 0.3.3 :
- Does not depend on libunique anymore: Implemented Gtk::application (and removed libunique).
- Improved xfce4 compatibility: Besides URI (%U) the command-line now handles plain paths (%F). Also fixed wrong bg-color for track-info labels in some themes.
- Finally fixed toggle show/hide player problems.
- Removed deprecated g_thread_init() from code.