- Home Page: SourceForge
- Current Stable Version: 2.3
- Maintainer: Olof Mogren (ex-maintainer)
- Description: MPCool is a graphical client to MPD (The Music Player Daemon) written in Java with simplicity and usability in mind.
- Swing interface, built with simplicity and usability in mind.
- Library view inspired by Apple iTunes.
- Support for system tray.
- Simple, central search feature. Type what you want to hear, and either enqueue the matching songs, or play them directly.
- Search syntax similar to that of Google.
- There are search commands for artist, album, title and filename. Just prefix your search term with the command and a colon. To search for a whole phrase, quotation works. Examples:
- artist:"Death Cab For Cutie"
- Add rest of album after current song.
- Automatical proposal of artists and albums that match your search, presented to you as you type in the search field.
- Add random songs as needed, aka infinite playlist and similar to the Party Shuffle feature in iTunes.
- Keyboard shortcut for every command.
- Picks up the native theme of your environment.
- Loads and saves playlists on server.
- And much more...
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.