mousempc is a simple client that hooks into a
- Webpage: http://cmrg.fifthhorseman.net/browser/trunk/mousempc/
- Description: mousempc reads an linux event device (usually /dev/input/event*) from stdin, and translates simple mouse events into simple operations. This is not a sophisticated client.
The controls are:
- the middle button starts/stops the music (play/pause)
- left button goes to the previous track
- right button goes to the next track
- scroll wheel adjusts the volume
If you want to use it, you probably want it run by a non-privileged account, and supervised so that it is automatically restarted. The author recommends the runit suite for this purpose.
You might be interested in the more generalized Client:Empcd.