Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Maintainer(s): bhearsum
- Download: Mirror 1
- Description: MpdLIRC is a client for Music Player Daemon that is designed to take input from a remote via LIRC, interpret it, and send the appropriate command to MPD. It also displays information such as the volume and title via XOSD.
Make sure you have all the required dependencies.
- pyosd (Probably packaged by your distribution)
- python-xlib (Also probably packaged by your distro)
2) Copy MpdLIRC-server and -client.py to a directory in $PATH (Personally, I use ~/bin) and make sure that they are both chmod +x.
3) Edit your ~/.lircrc so that each of your buttons call MpdLIRC-client.py. At the bottom of this document there is an example section for ~/.lircrc. I have also included a full, sample ~/.lircrc with this package.
4) Start MpdLIRC-server.py and irexec.
I can be found on irc.freenode.net in #mpd most of the time, with the name 'bhearsum' if you need to contact me for any reason.