- Description: A collection of small toys and tools for doing various things to MPD (Music Player Daemon) from the command line. Some of them are very useful, while others are only amusing.
- Homepage: http://kitenet.net/~joey/code/mpdtoys
- Repository: git://git.kitenet.net/mpdtoys
- Debian Package: http://packages.debian.org/sid/mpdtoys
Some examples of things the mpdtoys can do include moving the playing song between different mpd daemons on different machines, storing the state of a mpd daemon and loading it back later, reversing the playlist, slowly fading volume up or down, stopping playback after the current song finishes, and emulating a skipping record."
Mpdtoys contains the following tools as of version 0.4:
- mpstore - store and transfer mpd state between daemons
- mprev - reverse the mpd playlist
- mpgenplaylists - generate mpd playlists for each subdirectory of music
- mpfade - fade mpd volume in or out
- sats - mpd stop after this song
- mpskip - emulate a skipping record
- mptoggle - single button control for mpd
- mprand - play a random playlist
- mpinsert - insert song after currently playing song