- Current Version: 0.180
- Repository: pimpd2
- Source Download: pimpd2-latest.tar.gz
- Development Download git://github.com/trapd00r/pimpd2.git
- Description: Command-line client with new ways of experiencing music.
- Maintainer(s): Magnus Woldrich
pimpd2 is the successor of the Perl Interface for the Music Player Daemon (pimpd). It's a fully featured command-line client that also features a built-in shell with tabcompletion for longer sessions.
Its goal is to provide functionality with which you'll be able to experience music in new, exciting ways.
- Playback - If MPD runs on a remote machine, you can play the stream with the same client you use for controlling it.
- Randomizing - creation of playlists with N random songs from the library or from a specific artist. Can also be used to add N random albums.
- Artist/Album/Song relationships - add all songs from <album>, add all albums from <artist>, etc
- Copy song/album to local machine
- Artist/Album/Title and database searches with regular expressions
- Queue support
- Dont like the current album? Delete it.
- Customizable colors and external player used for playback