Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This is a feature matrix of a few selected MPD Clients. This list currently focuses on "players" (ie. clients that control the player and the playlist) but could be expanded for every client...
|Client||Playlist reordering||File browser||Tag browser||Server admin||Password requests||Language||UI||Cover art||Packaging|
|gmpc||yes||yes, customizable||yes||yes||prompted when needed||C?||GTK||yes, through plugins||Debian/Archlinux/Ubuntu/Gentoo/Windows/MacOsX|
|Jinzora||yes||yes, customizable||yes||no||preferences||PHP||Web Based||yes||tar.gz/zip/SVN|
|mpc||yes||yes||yes||yes||cli / env||C?||commandline||no||Debian|
|Quimup||yes||yes||minimal||yes||preferences||C++||QT||yes?||Source + binary|
|PMS||yes||no, but full library view||no||yes||cli, prompt, preferences||C++||ncurses||no||Source/Debian|
- Client: client name and link to its page
- Playlist ordering: if it's possible to arbitrarily reorder the playlist (without having to remove/add songs)
- File browser: it's possible to browse the library by folders
- Tag browser: it's possible to browse the library by tags (e.g. "by Artist")
- Customizable: it's possible to customize which tags the tag browser uses
- Server admin: it's possible to control settings like crossfading, outputs, etc
- Password requests: how the client asks for passwords: when required, on the commandline, in the preferences...
- Language: the programming language it's written in
- UI: the user interface chosen (curses is text based, GTK is graphical, etc)
- Plugin system: the client is expandable through a plugin system
- Cover art: the client can fetch the covert art from amazon or the local directories...