- DjMount - Mount UPnP AV devices using FUSE
- FAAC - Open Source implementation of AAC standard
- FLAC - Open Source lossless codec
- Ogg Vorbis - Open Source codec
- LAME - Open Source implementation of MP3 standard
Tagging Utilities Edit
- Audio Tag Tool
- Easy Tag
- VorbisGain - adds replaygain tags to Ogg Vorbis files
- id3v2 - Tagging tool for Linux
- id3 - Better tagging tool for Linux
- Rutaci - Powerfull comandline tagger/renamer supporting many file formats
- Musicbrainz Picard - A tagger using musicbrainz database and audio fingerprints
- Ex Falso - Fast and intuitive tagging tool, player-less version of the Quodlibet music player
Playlist Utilities Edit
- Fast Audio Playlist Generator - a tool to generate list of audio files (Wav, MP3, Ogg, etc) in various formats (M3U, PLS, HTML, etc).
It is very usefull if you have a large amount of audio files and you want to quickly and frequently build a playlist.
Audio CD Ripping Edit
- Asunder - GTK CD Ripper than can automatically tag and organize ripped tracks any way you want.
- abcde - Console Ripper
- Crip - Another console ripper. Geared towards classical music.
- Grip - Gnome ripper
- Jack - A console cd ripper frontend that suports querying freecddb, tagging, supports ogg, mp3, flac encoding. No relation to JACK Audio Connection Kit.
- Max - A high quality ripper/converter for Mac OS X
- Sound Juicer - Simple Gnome Ripper
- YaRET - Another console ripper
- rubyripper - Advanced ripper with features similar to ExactAudioCopy