This describes how to run mpd as user process. To have it running as system process edit /etc/mpd.conf and only use full paths. (relative paths like ~/ will cause problems.)
- Install MPD and MPC.
- Fill in the required MPD configuration options in the ~/.mpdconf file - see Configuration
- Enter the following into a Terminal window:
- mpc add /
- mpc play
- mpc is a client that needs to be installed. IE, not a part of the mpd-sources
- After installing from source, chances are MPD's volume is set to zero. mpc volume +80 helps out then.
- Enjoy! If you are having trouble, check the FAQ. Still having trouble? Get Technical Support.