Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This describes how to run mpd as user process. To have it running as system process edit /etc/mpd.conf and only use full paths. (relative paths like ~/ will cause problems.)
- Install MPD and MPC.
- Fill in the required MPD configuration options in the ~/.mpdconf file - see Configuration
- Enter the following into a Terminal window:
- mpc add /
- mpc play
- mpc is a client that needs to be installed. IE, not a part of the mpd-sources
- After installing from source, chances are MPD's volume is set to zero. mpc volume +80 helps out then.
- Enjoy! If you are having trouble, check the FAQ. Still having trouble? Get Technical Support.