Note: the information in this wiki is outdated. Please read the protocol reference in the MPD tarball (doc/protocol.xml) or read the protocol documentation online.
MPD Protocol Communication Edit
- Protocol Outline
- Admin Commands - Commands for MPD administrators
- Database Commands - Commands for Browsing the DB
- Miscellaneous Commands - Miscellaneous MPD Commands
- Playback Commands- Commands for Controlling Playback
- Playlist Commands - Commands for Manipulating the Playlist
- Scope specifiers - Control what you search for
- MPD Command Responses
- Command List - MPD Command Lists
- Guidelines - General guidelines and hints for implementing a MPD client
- Offsite: some more protocol explanation on the py-libmpdclient2 page
See also the protocol description in the MPD repository
MPD Protocol Development Edit
This is just space to develop new protocol features, and request for comments. This stuff is not necessarily implemented in MPD (yet).
- Listener Protocol - Protocol for clients to listen on a socket for status changes/info etc...